We partner with an initiative called Business in the Community and they are running a session about staying safe online. Navigating the internet can be a daunting thing, and we want to help you.
Staying safe online is paramount to accessing the internet and using online services. It is important that you are aware of how the internet can be an unsafe place if you don’t take the right precautions when using it.
From online banking to shopping and protecting your accounts, accessing the internet is an important part of daily life, without these skills you can be potentially left vulnerable to fraud and identity theft.
Online meeting –
Date: Tuesday 25th October
Time: 2pm till 3pm
The session will help you to:
- Know how to protect your accounts
- Know how to protect your personal details from fraud
- Be able to protect your personal devices and home network
- Be able to use email safely
- Recognise how to spot fake news and fake content
- Be able to browse the internet safely
- Be able to safely shop online
If you’re interested in signing up to this free session please get in touch with Christina Morgan-Danvers on 0115 666 8519 or on email at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will ensure you are enrolled.