Social Housing Complaints

Date published: 8th March 2022

Information from the Department for Levelling Up, Housing & Communities:

If you are unhappy with the service you are receiving from your social housing provider, you can make a complaint.

Your complaint could be about:

·         repairs and maintenance

·         issues with communal areas

·         health and safety issues

·         anti-social behaviour

·         customer service

You should make your complaint to your social housing provider in the first instance. You shouldn’t be penalised for doing so and it will not affect your tenancy.

Your social housing provider normally has at least two stages to their complaints procedure, and each stage takes around 10-20 working days for them to respond. Information on how to make an effective complaint can be found in this guide.

You can also contact the Housing Ombudsman if you need further advice and support at this stage.

Find out more at