Coronavirus: Frequently asked questions
A – If you are 70 or over or with an existing health condition, the Government is recommending avoiding unnecessary social interaction for the time being. Please contact us if you need any help.
A – We are ensuring that our staff and contractors have all of the latest information and guidance. Our employees and our contractors are following this guidance in the same way that everyone has been asked to and will take action to protect you as customers and themselves.
A – Visit the Money Advice Service website and access their guide. It will look at your rights to sick pay, what benefits you can claim if you’re self-employed or not entitled to Statutory Sick Pay (SSP). https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/coronavirus-what-it-means-for-you
A – Stair-casing
You can continue to contact us about buying more shares in your home, but be aware that there may be delays in arranging a valuation. If you are already stair-casing we will continue to process this as usual, although there may be delays getting the relevant documents signed.
Right to acquire
You can continue to contact us about the Right to Acquire, although there may be delays in arranging a valuation. If you are already buying via Right to Acquire we will continue to process this as usual, although there may be delays getting documents signed.
How can we help each other during the coronavirus outbreak?
- Please only buy the groceries you need – so that shops have stocks available for others too.
- Phone people who are self-isolating – a friendly chat can really make someone’s day. We can phone you too, so if you are self-isolating let us know (0115 916 6066) and we will ring you for a chat.
- Check on your neighbours – knock and take 3 steps back from the door to avoid close contact or put a note through their door offering to help.
- Pick up groceries for people who are self-isolating – when you deliver them, knock and take 3 steps back from the door leaving items on the doorstep.
- Donate to your local foodbank – find a list of them here: www.asklion.co.uk/food
- Please take every precaution not to spread the virus – wash your hands, avoid close contact and if you have any symptoms ensure your self-isolate for 14 days.